Best Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cake
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (you can sub milk+vinegar or plain yogurt+milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples (I used Wealthy heirloom)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix ingredients in order given (except the last 3 ingredients).
- Pour batter into a 9×13 greased pan.
- Combine last 3 ingredients to make a topping and sprinkle it evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes. It’s delicious when served warm!
This article and recipe adapted from this site