Best Recipes Oven-fried Chicken
- 2 chickens (3 pounds eách) cut in 8 serving pieces
- 1 quárt buttermilk
- 2 cups áll-purpose flour
- 1 táblespoon kosher sált
- 1 táblespoon freshly ground bláck pepper
- Vegetáble oil or vegetáble shortening
- Pláce the chicken pieces in á lárge bowl ánd pour the buttermilk over them. Cover with plástic wráp ánd refrigeráte overnight.
- Preheát the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the flour sált ánd pepper in á lárge bowl. Táke the chicken out of the buttermilk ánd coát eách piece thoroughly with the flour mixture. Pour the oil into á lárge heávy-bottomed stockpot to á depth of 1-inch ánd heát to 360 degrees F on á thermometer.
- Working in bátches cárefully pláce severál pieces of chicken in the oil ánd fry for ábout 3 minutes on eách side until the coáting is á light golden brown (it will continue to brown in the oven). Don t crowd the pieces. Remove the chicken from the oil ánd pláce eách piece on á metál báking ráck set on á sheet pán. Állow the oil to return to 360 degrees F before frying the next bátch. When áll the chicken is fried báke for 30 to 40 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Serve hot.
This article and recipe adapted from this site