Chicken Alfredo Bake
- 16 ounces penne rigata pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2-3 chicken breasts cooked and diced
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Prepare pasta per package directions to the al dente stage. (Pasta will cook further in the oven so do not overcook.)
- While pasta is cooking melt butter in large saucepan or dutch oven on stove top over medium heat. Once melted stir in the flour and whisk. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic cream garlic salt salt pepper and 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and melt cheese.
- Allow sauce to simmer for 8-10 minutes until thickened stirring frequently to avoid burning or scorching. Once thickened remove from heat.
- Add in mozzarella and cream cheese and stir to combine and allow cheese to melt. Add additional salt to taste (if needed).
- Drain pasta then place back in pot. Pour in sauce and diced chicken to pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour pasta and sauce mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- TO FREEZE:
- Allow to cool. Cover and label then place in freezer. (You may want to use a disposable aluminum pan for the freezer.)
- When ready to use remove from freezer the night before and allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- TO BAKE:
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes until top begins to brown slightly and sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven garnish with parsley (if desired) and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site