- 8 oz. ¼” wide rice noodle may sub fettuccine*
- olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast sliced into thin strips then 2” pieces
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced then halved
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups Matchstick carrots
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 cups (6 oz.) Bean Sprouts
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chili paste like Sambal Oelek
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- This Chicken Pad Thai Recipe is unbelievable with the most incredible pantry friendly Pad Thai Sauce! It tastes even better than takeout and only 30 minutes to make! You can use chicken or make it vegetarian Pad Thai or Shrimp Pad Thai!
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions taking care they are a slightly crunchy/al dente because they will cook more in the sauce. Rinse noodles in cold water drain and toss in with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Add all of the Sauce Ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- While rice noodles are soaking heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a deep large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot add chicken and let cook undisturbed for 1 minute then continue to stir fry just until cooked. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil over in same skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add bell peppers and shallots and sauté 1 minute. Add carrots and garlic and sauté 1 additional minute. Reduce heat to medium and pour beaten eggs over vegetables and cook stirring constantly just until scrambled.
- Add sauce and noodles and increase heat to medium-high. Toss until evenly combined and continue to stir and cook until noodles are al-dente 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken bean sprouts green onions and peanuts and heat through.
- Taste and add one additional tablespoon lime juice if desired for more tang (optional I prefer it this way) and chili sauce to taste. Top with cilantro and serve.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here