Coconut Cream Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- Water vegetable oil and eggs per package instructions
- 3 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant coconut cream pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix water vegetable oil eggs and coconut extract until combined.
- Gently stir in coconut flakes.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake for about 15 minutes then while the cake is still warm poke holes using the back of a wooden spoon or similar object over entire cake about 1/2 inch apart.
- Allow cake to cool completely before filling.
- In a large bowl mix together pudding mixes and milk and immediately pour all over cake and spread evenly and make sure all the pudding seeps into the holes.
- Refrigerate cake until pudding is set.
- Place heavy cream and sugar in large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat cream and sugar together on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over entire cake.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Keep cake refrigerated.
- This recipe used Duncan Hines Classic White Cake mix with 1 cup water 1/3 cup vegetable oil and 3 large egg whites.
- For some extra texture top the cake with toasted coconut flakes. Place coconut flakes in a medium skillet over medium heat and stir occasionally until golden and toasted.
- Wilton Cake Release or Wilton Bake Easy spray works great for cakes that don t stick!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE