I shared my full Vanilla Passion Fruit and Raspberry cake recipes (featured on Duff Till Dawn) with you not too long ago. But I wanted to give the vanilla cake I had worked so long on formulating its own post. It’s kinda special like that. Like your favorite child. Oh wait. We don’t have those as parents. They are ALL special and equally loved. Accepted. Tolerated… ????Finding that every time I wanted to make my vanilla cake I didn’t have the cake flour on hand that it called for I wanted a GREAT scratch recipe that produced the same results as cake flour recipes – just with all purpose flour.Using all-purpose flour for the full recipe (rather than half and half) never gave me the results desired. So I tweaked changed this and that tried a few things and came up with possibly the best EVER vanilla cake. No cake flour needed (our friends overseas will appreciate this!). Without further adieu some tempting pics and the recipe.Butter is the next ingredient to join the show. It should be room temperature. What’s room temp? About 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit. You should be able with little pressure to make an indentation in it with your finger but it shouldn’t mush all over your countertop and hand. Ew. This is perfect. And of course always use unsalted butter.Aaaahhhhhh!!!! Once cool you can torte the cake. Look at that BEE-U-TEE-FUL cake! Glorious texture soft tender just the right moisture (never dry unless you overbake it. But don’t do that. Be nice to the cake) and very very little crumbling when cut. What more can you ask for???Kara s Perfect Vanilla CakeYield: 2 – 8” round cakes (use 3 inch deep pans or line them higher than the edge with parchment)INGREDIENTS
- 16 oz all purpose flour
- 2.5 tsp Baking powder
- 22 oz granulated sugar
- .75 tsp salt
- 8 oz unsalted butter (1 cup or 2 sticks) room temp
- 1.5 Tbsp vanilla bean paste or good quality real vanilla extract
- 7 each Egg whites large room temp
- 12 oz milk whole room temp
- 1 oz Vegetable oil
- The Perfect Vanilla Cake Recipe. This amazing vanilla cake bakes perfectly every time! Try the recipe that has won over thousands of bakers around the globe!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease sides and bottom of 2 – 8” round pans. My goop recipe is perfect for pan release.
- Add all dry ingredients (flour baking powder sugar and salt) to a stand mixer bowl and mix with a paddle to combine well. This replaces sifting.
- In a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients (vanilla bean paste egg whites milk and vegetable oil) and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Full Recipes Please Visit karascouturecakes.com