Red Velvet Cake Pops Recipe
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 15 oz box red velvet cake mix
- 2 tbsp Pillsbury creamy supreme
- vanilla frosting
- 1 12 oz bag Wilton candy melts
- 1 Tbsp melting aid
- 20 cake pop sticks
- cake pop former 11/4 inch in diameter
- Combine the eggs cake mix oil and water then pour the red velvet cake batter into a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake the cake according to the package and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Cut and trim the outer part of the cake. These dry pieces are too dry and may cause your cake pops to fall apart.
- Crumble the cake with your hands into a large bowl. Then add 2 tablespoons of vanilla frosting to the crumbled cake and mix with a spoon then work it in with your hands.
- Shape the crumbled cake bits into balls and press them into the cake pop. Now remove extra cake from the sides and compress the cake ball back into your hands and round it out to a ball. The cake pop former was meant for getting the perfect size cake pop.
- Melt about 1/4 cup of white candy melts in a small bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals to avoid overheating the candy. Then dip the end of your cake pop stick into the melted white candy.
- Insert the stick into to each cake ball a little more than half way through. Now place each cake pop onto a baking sheet and transfer to the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Then melt the renaming white candy melts in a bowl. Make sure you melt them in 30 second intervals with mixing in between. Once it s melted well add 1 tbsp of dipping aid chips. Now mix that all together with a whisk and pour it into a narrow cup.
- Dip each cake pop into the cup then slowly pull up the cake pop. Hold the cake pop in one hand and tap your wrist so that all the extra melted candy drips off.
- Place the dipped cake pops into a styrofoam block and drizzle with red candy melts.
This article and recipe adapted from this site