Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken And Veggies
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 16 ounces green beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine soy sauce honey ketchup garlic basil oregano red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs potatoes carrots and soy sauce mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours basting every hour. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet skin side up and broil until crisp about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately with potatoes carrots and green beans garnished with parsley if desired.
This article and recipe adapted from this site